Thursday, February 21, 2019

Food Wins! Now what?



Hey Y'all, I have decided to do a food magazine. I decided to do a food magazine because of how the magazine's pictures will be better for me not having to deal with models, clothing and traveling to a place like Wynwood for good cover pictures. The second reason is because of how food magazines being created is interesting to me thus, will be better to write about in the project. 

So, after deciding that I started to really go in depth with my research. I looked online for less known magazines in food because of wanting to create a unique magazine yet, still following specific genre patterns. The lesser known magazines still follow genre conventions but have less comfort food rather than organic and healthy recipes. Popular magazines like food network is more focused on comfort food and hacks rather than health. I also researched Bon Appetit which is popular and this magazine is about the aesthetics. All the pictures are aesthetically pleasing and based on comfort food as well. Bon Apetiet is definitely one of the magazines I would look close on as well as food network. The less popular ones were good for researching but were not what I wish to include in my magazine. 

So, after the multiple online pages of their magazines and becoming hungry, I decided to thinking of what's my concept for example Eating Well magazine which focuses on healthy eating or do I want to focus on many recipes not just one concept? I have a lot to think about!



Bye Y'all!





Image result for bbc good food christmas

Image result for Food Network Magazine


















 


Citations:
  • BBC. “BBC Good Food.” BBC Good Food, www.bbcgoodfood.com/.
  • Network, Food. “Food Network Magazine: March 2014 Recipe Index.” Food Network, Food Network, 17 Feb. 2017, www.foodnetwork.com/magazine/recipes/food-network-magazine--march-2014-recipe-index.
  • Magazine, Naked Food. “Whole, Plant-Based, Vegan, SOS Free.” Naked Food Magazine, nakedfoodmagazine.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection!