Saturday, March 2, 2019

Desserts, now what? double page spread!


Hey Y'all,
So recap: last post, I decided my topic which is a desserts magazine!
Now the real job begins, choosing my double page spread, cover and decoration. Now that I have my topic it was easier to pick the specific magazines to research using Google. I clicked through a couple of websites and search up past cover of magazines such as Martha Stewart, BBC Good Food and Food Network. I researched their websites because I wanted an idea of what recipes and layout I wanted for the double page spread. The recipes had the ideas to expand my own recipes. These magazines being the most popular having desserts having a main tab for countless recipes on their websites.

BBC Good Food was very helpful and had countless recipes separated based on dessert: brownies, cookies, cakes etc. There was three main things included were the ingredients, cooking time, and experience level. Which I thought was great because of the different levels of people trying to bake and the reader would know if they can handle it with their skills or not. Also, the rating given by audiences which all of them included this but is helpful to know if they were good or not.

Food Network was interesting because of how they included holidays and events in the following months. Also, having a tab named the Worst Cooks of America which is a television show teaching people how to cook? The website is so unorganized to navigate; I had to look very hard for the specific baking tab. The magazines are equally unorganized as the recipes are separated by weird categories.

So I didn't know about the magazine being a lifestyle magazine with fashion, food etc. The Martha Stewart magazine website showed specifically the new recipes in desserts at the top of the page. The tab under food was very simple in the organization and recipes had the usual: time, ingredients etc.

Bye y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection!