Saturday, March 16, 2019

Fake article names and table of contents design!


Hey Y'all,
I forgot to say to y'all that I am changing my software because after exploring Joomag, it was hard to use and I really didn't enjoy using it. So, I have decided to use Canva partially because of seeing past projects using the software which turned out really nice and the different templates
it includes for free for ideas of what to use. Which I found two templates, I really liked:
Both are minimalistic and not crowded with their styles. I'm leaning more on the left because the magazine would only have three articles but instead of the little explanation, I would change it to pictures side by side with the article names. I decided to use this concept because the table of contents, I believe becomes too crowded with the different pictures and articles like the right one. The table of contents would be harder to read as well because of the 100 pictures and articles.

I realized I had been going about this all wrong because of how I want to create like 100 recipes but really I only have to create like 5-10 because the magazine would only have to do the front cover, table of contents, and double page spread! So, I narrowed down my actual recipes I am going to use instead of creating like 20. The recipes are:
*Black and white cookies: a twist on a classic recipe of chocolate chip cookies adding white chocolate chips
*Strawberry dream cake: a vanilla cake with strawberries inside the dough and whipped cream in the middle and outside
*Rainbow cupcakes: Vanilla cupcake with food coloring in the dough coloring like a rainbow with marshmallow fluff icing
*Pot of Gold cake: a vanilla cake with gold chocolate coins in the middle and gold colored icing on the outside
*Cookies and creme cupcakes: marbled vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with a Oreo butter cream icing
*Chocolate cake with a surprise: Chocolate cake with a fresh bananas inside and Dulce de Leche icing in the outside
I chose these recipes because of how some of these combinations have never been made together in a baked dessert and are interesting to try. These recipes are going to be test tasted when made to see if actually good, but until then the recipes sound pretty good for the readers who loove desserts!
Bye Y'all!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Reflection!